Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Creative Crew!

I am excited to be part of the Creative Crew for May - August!  The Creative Crew is a group of ©Stampin' Up! Demonstrators chosen to showcase their work in a gallery over on Splitcoaststampers.  This is to be inspiration for all of you to stamp and load your work into the gallery as well.  Let me show you what I have done with this months challenges.  There is a LOT in this blog post, so make sure you scroll to the very end.

Keyword CCREW0511CF, Catalog Focus -- So Distressing. We had to use the Distressing Essentials kit, cutter kit, sponges, daubers. Make the new look old.  I stamped, then crumbled up my paper, distressed it, inked and sponged it and even tore it a bit.  The ribbon I scrunched in my hand and then ran the Crumb Cake and Pink Pirouette stamp pads along it.  LOVE it.


CCREW0511DF,  DSP/Color Focus: -- For this challenge we had to go neutral with a splash of color! Instead of whisper white or very vanilla, try naturals white or ivory, confetti white or cream. Large emphasis on neutrals. The Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper is the inspiration: All neutrals with that splash of baja breeze! You do not have to use the Elegant Soiree DSP but that is the look that we're after.
I used the brand new Doily Triple Layer Punch.  LOVE that.  I scrunched it up in this project.

CCREW0511HF,  Holiday/Seasonal Focus -- Family Time!  This is a his & hers challenge. The focus for this month was to be granparents.  Choose one layout and make a masculine card and a feminine card!  Both sets of our grandparents have passed so I did make mine mom and dad.  Also it says to make a CARD!  I made the Petal Cones first and then was reading over the challenges and saw that it was to be a card.  OOOoops!  So I made 3x3's to go with them.  LOVE that.  For each one I show both of them together and then another view of the cones.




CCREW0511SF,  SB Inspiration Focus: -- Vintage Pages. The challenge is to use black and white or Sepia photo's! To make the page to look like it's from a by-gone era, think antiquing, distressing, lace, etc.
This is a photo of my folks.  I do not scrapbook.  I still have photo's from Erin's wedding 9 years ago.  I know!  Terrible.  Anyway, I love this so much and will give it to my parents for their anniversary in June.  I cannot wait!  I love how it turned out.

All of my recipes for these challenges are in the gallery at SCS.  Play along on any or all of these challenges!  They are really so much fun.  To see the full May Creative Crew gallery just click http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=21245

Everything is ©Stampin' Up!

6 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

These are stunning, Debra. I love everything you did ~ I'm going to play this afternoon for sure ;)

Laura said...

WOW! You knocked it out of the park. So many gorgeous details! I love that pic of your parents. Gorgeous!

Lorien Clark said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I love all of your projects. Great job Debra!!!

Unknown said...

What beautiful creations Debra. I knew you would do great work as always. I need to CASE some of your work. I love the sailboat stuff.

Heide said...

WOW! What wonderful work. Great projects. Love the masculine card and project.

Congrats on the making the Creative crew!

Unknown said...

WOW!! I love all these projects!! I will be featuring the petal cone on My Crafty Picks #16 with a link back to your blog on 5-15-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com