Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Faux Mother of Pearl

I have been playing with some new, fabulous stuff from ©Stampin' Up!  In the April Stampin' Success there is a tutorial for Faux Mother of Pearl.  LOVE it.  It was hard to photograph.  I made this on Sunday afternoon and had to wait until today for some sun to get a decent picture.  The shimmer is just gorgeous. 

The technique is easy.  Put a few drops of Frost White Shimmer Paint onto a paper plate.  Using a piece of scrunched plastic wrap, dab it into the paint and then pounce it all over a piece of Whisper White Cardstock.  Leave some areas uncovered.  Let it dry.  Sponge or brayer with any color of ink to get the color and pearl effect.  WOW.  So beautiful.  The piece that is stamped is also Faux Mother of Pearl.  It is then stamped with Black Staz On.  Don't you just LOVE the Paisley Petals Paper?  It is fabulous!  And this piece was just begging for the Basic Pearls.  And the Vintage Flower.  Holy cow!  I need to tell you.  Those just did not grab me AT ALL when I saw them.  I finally decided to order them and they are WONDERFUL.  You really need to get them.  I mixed some of the paint with the reinker and dabbed that on.   And then of course addedsome pearls to that too.  

Stamp Sets:  Four Frames; You're a Gem
Cardstock:  Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Black StazOn,  Tangerine Tango, River Rock, Baja Breeze
Accessories:  Basic Pearls, Vintage Flower Adornments, Fun Flowers Bigz L Die, Decorative Label Extra Large Punch

Everything is ©Stampin' Up!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE it! I have yet to try that!
You make gorgeous cards~ TFS

Emma Fewkes said...

Totally elegant and fabulous. You are such a talent!

jill said...

wonderfully beautiful. hee hee. I really do love this. I have been waiting patiently for something new from you!!!!

Laura said...

Oooooh so very pretty!