Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Loving Faux Suede!

The flowers on these cards is the Faux Suede Technique! It is so easy and I love it!



The flowers are punched with the Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch. Then you curl the cardstock with a bone folder and your thumb like you would ribbon. Do this to both sides in all directions until the fibers are broken. The cardstock will start to split. Pull the pieces apart carefully into two pieces. There you have it, Faux Suede. To see a better view of what this looks like just click on the pictures and it will show an upclose of the cards.


The back-ground of the cards is Emerging Color. I used a stencil on these cards but you can easily use a stamp. First I stamped the background in Chocolate Chip with the Very Vintage Wheel. Then I inked the area of the stencil with versamark and then embossed with clear embossing powder. Then sponged color using Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Sahara Sand.
Everything is ©Stampin' Up!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Debra- Both of these cards are gorgeous...
I'm inspired to try one

THANKS for sharing

Emma Fewkes said...

Wow, Debra ... the faux suede flowers are amazing. I love that punch! Great job once again!

Anonymous said...

Love them like always. You do such beautiful work. TFS

Unknown said...

I love them Debra! TFS

Shelley said...

Gosh so many new things you are trying lately! I love how those turned out and your complete card is very pretty!