Thursday, January 28, 2010

Textile Roses!

Tonight I worked on a couple of challenges from over on SCS. When Emma was here on Monday it got me looking at doing some challenges. I TRIED her CAS (Clean and Simple) style because her work is just gorgeous and I just can't do it. I cannot leave my work alone. I have to layer, sponge, fiddle with, and smoosh. ANYway...

This is what I came up with for the Sketch Challenge and the Ways to Use It Challenge.

The roses and leaves are made with upholstery fabric using the Table Setting Bigz Die from the Holiday Mini. And yes, I sponged them! I could not help it! I know the Die isn't current but I have been wanting to make these for awhile. I am hoping to see it in the catalog coming out this summer.
What is current right now is everything else. The Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack! That is what the roses are layered on. That paper pack is beautiful. I know I sponged it up but you can get a better look at it if you click on my photo. Or contact me to see the whole pack.





Sets: Very Vintage Wheel
Ink: Soft Suede
Cardstock: Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack
Accessories: Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Table Setting Bigz Die


©Stampin' Up!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I Love it Debra!!!!Fabulous!!!!TFS

Anonymous said...

Very pretty as usual Debra, I love it thanks for sharing your talent.

kathleenh said...

Fiddle away cuz your work is gorgeous! I love the look of the upholstery fabric for the flowers!

Miss Iowa said...

This card is completely to DIE FOR!

I've been searching all day for a piece of muslin I have because I wanted to do this challenge, but I have not had any luck. BAH!!

megan said...

oh so pretty. I think your stly looks great.

Emma Fewkes said...

No Way Lady!!! This is absolutely FANTASTIC! This is why you should not even attempt CAS ... it's just not Debra, whereas this is TOTALLY Debra! AND totally gorgeous. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. LOVE IT!

Lorien Clark said...

WOW! Gorgeous!

Robin said...

OMW! Debra-this is so unbelievably fabulous!!!

Shelley said...

LOVE IT!!!